Thursday, July 17, 2014

Salone del Mobile - A Design and Art Extravaganza


As a kitchen and bath designer I try to attend as many tradeshows as possible to keep abreast of new and innovative products.  In addition to KBIS which is a must for me, I also had the pleasure of attending EuroCucina, The International Kitchen Furnishings Exhibition held in Milan every two years.   Wow!  What a fabulous event!

Salone del Mobile is an international design and art venue that is comprised of five components including: EuroCucina (Kitchen Furnishings Exhibition), & Technology for the Kitchen.   I was attending this event on a double mission - kitchen/bath designer and  writer.  As a kitchen/bath designer my focus was on the kitchen and bath pavilions but there was a whole other side to this event that was just as compelling.

In an article written for the June printed edition of K+BB(Kitchen and Bath Business), I covered many of the innovative kitchen and bath products that I saw at the event.  However,  recently I wrote an article for one of my favorite online designer magazines:  DesignerCircleHq.  This article: Salone del Mobile,  A Show  Within a Show,  is not kitchen oriented but instead addresses some of the other inspiring elements of the event.  Just click on the title to read the article.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment